Follow these instructions to connect to Ultima Online Redemption and play for free using either the classic client or the enhanced client. If you need any further assistance, feel free to send an email to RedemptionUO@Gmail.com.
Classic Client Installation
1. Download and install Ultima Online classic client version 22.214.171.124: Download Ultima Online Classic Client
This installer will unpack all of the client files to a temporary folder on your hard drive and then move them to the location you specify.
2. (Optional) If you want to see the custom modifications to the map and access all of the new areas, you should now download the Ultima Online Redemption map: Download Ultima Online Redemption Map
First you must unzip this map patch with a program like 7-zip, WinZip, or WinRar, and then overwrite the files in the Ultima Online directory with the files from the patch. You can save a backup of the files before doing this if you want. Make sure the client is not running during this process. Files to backup/overwrite: Gumpart.mul, Gumpidx.mul, hues.mul, map0.mul, map1.mul, mapdif0.mul, mapdif1.mul, stadif0.mul, stadif1.mul, staidx0.mul, staidx1.mul, statics0.mul, statics1.mul, tiledata.mul, and radarcol.mul.
- For 32 bit Windows, the default directory for the client is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
- For 64 bit Windows, the default directory for the client is C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
Enhanced Client Installation
Note: Fewer players use the enhanced client because it does not have an assistant program and is not as good for player combat. It’s not possible to use UOSteam or Razor with the enhanced client.
- Download and install the Ultima Online Enhanced Client. This will create a folder on your hard drive named Ultima Online Enhanced.
- For 32 bit Windows, the default directory for the client is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced
- For 64 bit Windows, the default directory for the client is C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced
- Run the program called uopatch.exe, which is inside the Ultima Online Enhanced folder. Wait for the program to finish downloading and installing.
- Download this Enhanced Client Package and unzip it.
- Move the UORedemption.exe, cheese.dll, and cheese.cfg file from Enhanced Client Package to the Ultima Online Enhanced folder.
- Run UORedemption.exe and then enter your desired account name and password to automatically create an account. It may be necessary on some machines to run UORedemption.exe as an administrator by right clicking on it.